OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your not gonna believe this but........

Started by Five O, March 28, 2012, 09:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Five O

I've Turkey hunted for 26 years and have never carried a Crow call. Whats the correct way to blow it? :begging:
I've played with them before but never got serious about it.

This is dang near embrassing :help:

Lenny870

Don't know if its right or not but I usually start off with a couple longs and then wait a few seconds and then if I haven't heard anything i'll give two shorts followed by a long. I think the best way is to just try to remember what you've heard before that sounds natural

Five O

Do you just blow into it or grunt a little kinda like a duck call?

Five O

I guess you guys just make them and don't use em huh?  :thanks:

drenalinld

The more realistic sounds come frome the diaphram but do not really require voice like a duck call. I get the most response from gobblers with three short high pitched bursts followed by two longer growling notes achieved by tongue flutter or throat gargle like purring.

redarrow

The louder the better as far as Im concerned. I bring all the air I can from my gut and blow hard and loud.Cup your hand over the bellows a bit and turn your head so it sounds like a crow flying by.Caaaaaaaw  Caw caw caaaaaaaaawwww

T-Dub

You should watch Michael Buckner's video clip at www.bucknercustomcalls.com. It helped me.

Lonehowl

Michael has the vid on you tube...its very good.
Mark

charlie

Don't crows make a series of 3 or 4 caaaaws when everything's OK, and 2 or 3 short "barks" when alarmed?