turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone hunt north Texas area??

Started by Tomfoolery, March 26, 2012, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomfoolery

My cousin has a new lease in fisher county I believe. He has 6500 acres and we are trying to plan on making a hunt next month. He said he heard some gobbling this weekend I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this area and if there are some birds here. Thanks guys.

Gamblinman

Lots of birds in that area... I've hunted north of there.

Good luck!!
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

honker22

Hunted N Tx many times. The birds are pretty isolated in most of the places, but in large numbers.  In other words, if the place has birds, it probably has plenty of birds.  They are normally henned up really bad in the first few weeks but the gobbling is good most of the season, except when it gets really hot. I've killed birds around water tanks late in the AM. They seek shade in the drains or mesquite when it warms up. They also frequent ag fields (old hay bales, cow patties, wheat) or feeders early in the day. I would take him up on the offer. I love hunting rios. Good luck
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Tomfoolery

I'm definitely gonna go. We are looking at the first weekend in my. Do y'all think that is too late? Or should I try the 21st of April?  Thanks for the input