OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Text Book Tn Juvy Hunt !!

Started by X-Tennessean, March 24, 2012, 09:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Tennessean

Had an awesome hunt this afternoon, back at the truck within 40 minutes !! 4 long beards and 3 hens this evening. It made up for his miss this morning but he made an excellent 37 yard shot this afternoon. The birds were not where we thought they was gonna be this morning so the day started with us in the wrong field. Only heard 4 gobbles on the roost and none once they hit the ground, after sitting in the blind for an hour I got out to peek over the levee and through the fence row to see all the birds (6 long beards/ 47 hens) were in the next field No wonder they weren't gobbling !! So off we went crossing ditches through the woods to try and cut them off, long story short, after sitting through the rain and watching the birds for 2+ hours they started our way. The bird presented a shot and about the time he pulled the trigger another bird decides to flog the target bird causing him to jump sideways and a miss !! Oh well, another memory filled day with one of my nephews to add to the books. I'll take it any day all day long !!
11 1/4" beard, 7/8 spurs, guessed weight (no scales) 23 lbs

cannonball

JVA54

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

coyotetrpr

Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

boomer

Congrats!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TRKYHTR

Love the smile and the longbeard and the hat. Actually I love everything about that picture.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Nick_The_Tinkerer

redrivergar

Thanks for sharing a great story. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

MAKEemQUIVER

Congrats to the boy, love seein the kids killin birds!
Go Big Blue!!!!!!