OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ol Tom Decoys

Started by darron, March 24, 2012, 03:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

anyone use the Ol tom decoys? How do you like them? I am looking into buying me another set of decoys this year. The DSD are out of the question, no way I want to spend $120 on a decoy. The Zinks I have not totally threw out, but they are pricey as well.

I came across the Ol Tom and they look decent. Thoughts?

bigthunderchicken

Chase

ctwny1

Ol Tom Decoys are not bad at all. I use them and have kill gobblers using them. They have very good detail and color is real good. Price is very reasonable too.

drenalinld

My full strut deke was solid white head and most gobblers would not approach it. Put some red on it and have had better luck.

darron

After doing some more research another option would be to buy the avian x hen feeder (I can get it for around $60) and then add the HS woody jake that looks very similar the DSD but half the price. I would be into my decoys about $120.

tomno3

I am far from an expert, but I bought G&H and am well pleased. They are made here (U.S.A.) if that matters. What really is the most important is if Mr. Tom likes or not. We will see.

Wingbone

Avian X hen is what I hunt with now. I've never been a decoy guy, just had alot more luck closing the deal without them out. I can only think of 4-5 birds that I probably wouldn't have killed without a decoy. However, I do want one with me just in case that situation arises, and the Avian is about the best looking soft decoy I've ever seen. It inflates quickly, and deflates quickly. Works best for me anyway.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Dbrnmllr

The ol toms look pretty good. I went with a Jezebel last year and it worked.  I used to hunt with a gut that used 35 year old rubber dekes that were the cheapest of the cheap when he got them.  I guess the moral of the story is anything will work, go with what you like.  All I know is full strut dekes work!