Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone seen this (gobblers with a pellet gun)

Started by Gooserbat, March 24, 2012, 10:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 25, 2012, 01:06:42 PM
Wow!  Way to have an open mind guys.  Not.   ::)

Not sure where you guys get the whole hip hop stuff??  Did you even bother to listen to the music because if you had you might have realised it was  by the group Alter Bridge, whose songs are actually quite spiritual and relate to perservernce in the face of diversity.  The music if anything is light Metal/GOSPEL ROCK, NOT HIP HOP.  Might not be country but that would be your taste in music not theirs obviously... 

I saw absolutely nothing wrong with that video.  They were informative and enthusiastic and it seemed like they did it the right way with the gear they chose.  So you didn't like their choice in music?  So what? 

I had no problem with the music as an introduction, but during a hunt, I want to hear the hunt.

Maybe it was just their attitude, or way with words? Baby this, baby that, pshyco pellet gun turkey hunters? Regardless who it would of been, with any type of gun from a blind, wouldn't get many kudos from me anyways, as it does nothing for me.

MouthCaller

That was def not my flavor and the guy couldve toned down his charisma a bit and I was really wanting the music to be cut when it got over to the hunting scenes. I for one question legality of them I know he said they were legal and should be legal in other states as well as another member here saying he made a video of a pellet rifle hunt thats all well and good but it seems to me that a pelet rifle should be too small of a weapon for turkies. JMO

Cutt

I have no poblem with the pellet gun, or any weapon of choice by the hunter, if legal?

Todays pellet guns, would have no problem taking out a turkey shot in the head, could probably even kill bigger game shot in the head also? As for being too small, that pellet is way bigger than one #4 BB from a shotgun that can kill a turkey too.

mightyjoeyoung

Too small?  A high powered spring piston air rifle even in just .177 cal. can put a 10 gr pellet out in excess of 1200 fps.  That's a whole BUNCH more energy in that pellet than in any single bb in a turkey load could ever put out.  Add precision accuracy to the equation and a head shot at 30+ yards is easilly atainable.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

MouthCaller

perhaps I am wrong with the size thing but saying pellet rifle vs 12 ga seems small. air vs gun powder seems small.

TREEDOG

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 25, 2012, 11:03:05 PM
Too small?  A high powered spring piston air rifle even in just .177 cal. can put a 10 gr pellet out in excess of 1200 fps.  That's a whole BUNCH more energy in that pellet than in any single bb in a turkey load could ever put out.  Add precision accuracy to the equation and a head shot at 30+ yards is easilly atainable.

1 pellet vs 12ga 200 + bbs in 10" circle  at 30+ yards with a red dot =  :toothy9: :lol: and at 15 Yards or less he have no head being shot with a shotgun  :fud:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well he is right about what he said it being either a lethal kill hit or a clean miss more than likely.