turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

America Is Arming Itself Rapidly

Started by Turkey Trot, March 23, 2012, 01:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Trot

It's not just this article that says America is arming itself, it's talking to gunstore owners and reading remarks on every gun forum.  They all say the same thing.  A friend that recently traveled to Europe stated that the euros were unusually interested in gun laws and ownership now that they have seen the debt crisis, proposed govt cutbacks on entitlements, and demonstrations and riots in countries like England and Greece.  

Do you have a feel for why people in your area are buying guns?

Is it concern about the national debt, cutbacks in entitlements, and rioting and violence?

Concerns about violence if Incumbent Federal Overlord is defeated in November?

Changes in gun laws and relaxation of concealed carry?

Concerns about crime trends?

Outgunned! Sturm Ruger Says it Can't Keep Up with Orders, Shares Surge

By Dunstan Prial

Published March 22, 2012

Shares of Sturm Ruger & Co. (RGR) soared as much as 9% on Thursday after the gun maker said first-quarter orders were so strong the company is temporarily suspending new orders.

The Southport, Conn., company said it received orders for more than one million units in the first three months of 2012.

The shares were up $3.29, or 7.8%, at $45.59 in Thursday trading.

CEO Michael O. Fifer said in a statement late Wednesday that retailer programs initiated by the company were successful in attracting orders from larger gun retailers and independent wholesale distributors.

"Despite the company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders," Fifer said in the statement.

Sturm Ruger hopes to be accepting orders again by the end of May, the company said.

Shares of the company's rival gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) have risen in sympathy, surging more than 12% to a 5-year high. The stock was recently up 88 cents, or 12.7%, at $7.78.

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

eaglea1

I'm sure that some of those numbers are reflected from our (Wisconsin) recent concealed carry law
and the unbeliveable amount of new handguns being purchased because of it. (Finally)  :z-guntootsmiley:

lightsoutcalls

All I can say is I hope I never have to shoot anything I don't intend to eat...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

Wingbone

Love to hear this kind of news. We all need to be prepared to defend ourselves when the crap hits the fan.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

anthonyjhallen

In the words of Sam Elliot

"PREPARE TO DEFEND YOURSELVES!!!!!"

woodchip

FttFttVroom!

I am pretty much prepared for anything, even Chinese invasion......but my neighbor, he makes my stash look like a lunch pail. 

TANK

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on March 23, 2012, 11:13:44 PM
I am pretty much prepared for anything, even Chinese invasion......but my neighbor, he makes my stash look like a lunch pail. 
Thats Funny, but on a serious not I agree!

rempumpman

Our local gun shop cannot keep up with the sales of guns or ammo; people around here are buying ammo by the cases now instead of by boxes; our local Wa-Mart got in 200 cases of 22 shells and some assorted pistol shells and the manager said that ALL 200 cases were sold in less than 3 hours!!

It would be extremely stupid for someone to be a thief around my area; EVERYONE is carrying a gun, license or no license, makes no difference...................rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

spurman

A few days ago I was in a local sporting goods store here In KY looking for some turkey shells. I could not believe how busy this place was. People buying guns and signing up for C.C. classes. This was a week day and no discount sales going on. Looks like folks are getting ready for somthing.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

redrivergar

Blame it on shows like doomsday preppers and walking dead. People are preparing for the unknown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FttFttVroom!

Zombies and Democrats......gun and ammo makers best friends