OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Voice of Troy Landry "What I'm talking about"

Started by Crutch, March 22, 2012, 11:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crutch

Had a wonderful afternoon on the Creek. Except for spooking about 20 turkeys already roosted on my way out. Thats a 3 inch Win Supreme for scale.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

MouthCaller

I have never found any of those but I never have purposely went out looking either. I love mushrooms and I think Id like those as well... as far as the turkeys Id think you were ok season is still 8 days away...

Crutch

IMHO, these taste nothing like store bought mushroom.  Very hard to describe, sort of an earthy flavor. I've heard it is the closest tasting thing to a wild truffle, but I have never tasted a truffle. I know they are very rich and I love them.

mountman62

We have been finding them every year in Nebraska, trade em out for motel room
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

eodusmc

i see those are shrooms but what kind? do you cook'em or eat raw? im from the south and never ate that kind before.

FttFttVroom!

Quote from: eodusmc on March 23, 2012, 01:56:19 AM
i see those are shrooms but what kind? do you cook'em or eat raw? im from the south and never ate that kind before.

They are called morels.  They are awesome fried and then dipped in ranch! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

stinkpickle

Half fast

Thats a nice mess of shrooms.............. and you dip them in egg... and then flour... and cook slowly in butter ( medium to low heat)in skillet turning a couple times until almost crispy........ ENJOY 

Cutt

Just curious with the warm weather, were they early this year? And if so, how much early? Just trying to figure if ours will show up early?

Half fast

Quote from: Half fast on March 23, 2012, 07:40:33 AM
Thats a nice mess of shrooms.............. and you dip them in egg... and then flour... and cook slowly in butter ( medium to low heat)in skillet turning a couple times until almost crispy........ ENJOY 
SORRY i got the horse in front of the cart....TO PREP THEM fill sink half full of water with about 1/4 cup of salt (STIR) cut shrooms in half lengthwise...let soak about half hour ..... WILL KILL ALL BUGS IN THEM ,,,,rinse each one with plain water  ..place on paper towel ..pat dry with another paper towel  ... then do the egg flour combo.

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

handcannon

When I head up to Missouri this year, I sure hope I find some of those gems. I can't wait to try them.

Stoney Creek

Dang you guys. I worked 12 hour graveyard shift last night. Got off work and went turkey scouting this morn for the youth hunt tomorrow. Now, im starved to death. I love morels, i'm up and going to hunt me a mess of them now. Fried turkey breast, morels and fried potatoes and onions. Going to get a speeding ticket on the way to get some............

Crutch

They were up about a week early and will continue if we get rain, but we need it bad now, for the shrooms.

cannonball