OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Have You Guys Seen This Video

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 22, 2012, 12:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamaProud

I support those people who support their rights too...but take it up with their supervisors, or in a courtroom, not on the side of the road. 
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.

Fullfan

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 22, 2012, 01:40:24 PM
Checkpoints are unconstitutional.  And rarely do they catch many intoxicated drivers who know to avoid them in the first place.  But rather they put a burden on other peoples rights.  When you give up your rights, then what do you have?  This guy just used his rights and it worked.

Humm are you a police officer???  Well I am and have been for the past 20 years. I have worked more DUI checkpoints than I can count, and have many DUI arrest's from said checkpoints.

And putting a burden on people, what kind of a burden do you think you would have if a drunk hits you and yours head on, when you are coming home from church, wal-mart or hunting. It does not have to be the weekend or dark, the drunks are out there 24/7

And the guy in the vid sounds like a sovgern Citizen..... 
Don't gobble at me...

ILIKEHEVI-13

Just debating and not arguing.  Great points guys.  And I do understand all that was said.

This was interesting as well.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-JSRcauiblQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gobble!

It's pathetic. The cops should of followed him everywhere he went the next week and ticketed him for any thing he did.

jrseale82

Checkpoints are unconstitutional.  And rarely do they catch many intoxicated drivers who know to avoid them in the first place.  But rather they put a burden on other peoples rights.  When you give up your rights, then what do you have?  This guy just used his rights and it worked.

The Supreme Court has ruled on several checkpoint cases and never ruled checkpoints unconstitutional.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: jrseale82 on March 23, 2012, 08:56:48 PM

The Supreme Court has ruled on several checkpoint cases and never ruled checkpoints unconstitutional.

Actually a lot of them are.  It has to be done correctly.  Watch the 2nd video I posted.  They are in all practicallity an invasion of your privacy for pulling you over w/o probable cause just to catch a few that may be breaking the law.  Why should the innocent suffer on the behalf of those that are guilty.  But then again I see your guys point about why should the innocent be harmed by those that can't follow the rules and not drive drunk.  So what do you do?  

Grant Flaming

I am NOT a fan of anything to do with Fox News, but I think that second video was pretty good. Without probable cause, they constitutionally cannot do anything. That can be found word for word in the...

4th Amendment of the Constitution- "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Pretty much sums it up right there, if you ask me.  ;)
(just my side of it, other opinions are always welcome)

Flydown

If 10 DUI checkpoints only catch 1 drunk driver that could possibly kill someone then it is worth me stopping at everyone of them.

jrseale82

If they were unconstitutional then law enforcement could do them. Sometimes the officer might do something to make them unconstitutional but in general, if conducted properly they are not.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Grant Flaming on March 23, 2012, 09:53:57 PM
I am NOT a fan of anything to do with Fox News, but I think that second video was pretty good. Without probable cause, they constitutionally cannot do anything. That can be found word for word in the...

4th Amendment of the Constitution- "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Pretty much sums it up right there, if you ask me.  ;)
(just my side of it, other opinions are always welcome)

That's my point. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Flydown on March 23, 2012, 10:12:48 PM
If 10 DUI checkpoints only carch 1 drunk driver that could possibly kill someone then it is worth me stopping at everyone of them.

And I do understand that as well.  Good point.  And well stated. 

FttFttVroom!

I prefer they way they do the checkpoints here on a stretch of highway in central OK.  They put up a sign that says "Checkpoint Ahead" near an off ramp.  Only the people who take the off ramp to avoid said checkpoint actually end up getting stopped at a checkpoint!  Really good way to funnel out the ones who deserve to be checked :icon_thumright:

Neill_Prater

Actually, I tend to believe they are pretty effective. Just the fact they exist may cause a few people to avoid driving after imbibing, which, I believe, is the whole point anyway.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Your educated drunks seem to go in hiding during the primetime of all the checkpoints when they tend to have them.  And plus they advertise a lot of these checkpoints ahead of time.  So really it defeats a lot of the purpose of having them. 

Big Ugly

From the first video it appears that the drivers compliance was voluntary...I don't see a problem with his non compliance.  As to police officers being respectful that should be excepted not surprising.