OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anyone have any experiance with a Nikon Monarch Red Dot?

Started by joffutt1, March 19, 2012, 08:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoody Bastid

I bought that same sight from the same place and subsequently returned it. It just seemed cheaply made to me. The base mounting screws/tabs seemed like some kind of pot-metal. I just wasn't crazy about it and expected more from Nikon. I do like dealing with that retailer though. I've purchased a lot of ammo and scopes from them for years.
Currently I'm waiting for my Burris Speeddot 135 camo to come in (not from them).

obro

I tried getting a camo speeddot last year. It was back ordered and it never did come in. I ended up with a Fastfire. I would still be interested in one if I could ever find one.

joffutt1

Quote from: Snoody Bastid on March 20, 2012, 01:03:40 AM
I bought that same sight from the same place and subsequently returned it. It just seemed cheaply made to me. The base mounting screws/tabs seemed like some kind of pot-metal. I just wasn't crazy about it and expected more from Nikon. I do like dealing with that retailer though. I've purchased a lot of ammo and scopes from them for years.
Currently I'm waiting for my Burris Speeddot 135 camo to come in (not from them).

Where did you find a speed dot in apg?  Can i ask how much

Snoody Bastid

I purchased it from LG Outdoors ($231.00 shipping included).
It's funny, I just got it yesterday and mounted it but it sat too high for my taste. I had to lift my cheek off the stock to see the dot. It's probably better on the standard stock (higher comb?). Anyway, I just sent it back this morning and got beat up with a 15% restocking fee. I wish I knew you were looking for one, you could have had mine.