OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eagle vs Turkey

Started by chrisun, March 21, 2012, 06:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Putt putt putt!
:newmascot:
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tomstopper

Dang. Its no wonder after seeing the video why God has Equipped the turkey with such great eye sight. he seen it coming well before the eagle swoops down. Very cool.

Gobble!

very cool video
thats turkey was fast as shat

Saylfish

Dang, speckslayer and i were watching a gobbler breed a hen the other day and a bald eagle swooped down and appeard to kill the hen. It was hard to tell with the brush but he was pouncing around on the ground for about 15 minutes.
IAFF 1377

Basser69

FullChoke

That gobbler gave that eagle the old head fake to the left then rolled to the right for extra rushing yardage.

Someone needs to send this video to Tim Tebow. He's gonna need it!

Cheers  :newmascot:

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

FireFly908

That gobbler has been avoiding predators like this since he was a poult so it's nothing new to him!  I was amazed a his quick judgement of the flight path of the eagle!  I'm sure the eagle did not get him when out of camera range.  That gobbler would have headed for thick cover and stayed there until all clear!

Bigmiah22

wow i would have put my money on the tom! i love how fast they run away

Eric Gregg

That is the best Road Runner impersonation I have ever seen.
You won't believe this, and I may be the only one that has had this happen to, but I had a Red Tail Hawk attack one of my hen decoys one year.
It went for the head.

Awesome footage.

Clay

Way too cool!  Thanks for sharing.

istuffanimals

And people wonder why turkeys are so spooky...

DirtNap647

Arrowhead

I was hunting in Sheridan Wyoming and a golden eagle came down on a flock of turkeys like that. Happens very fast and without warning. The guide I was hunting with said it was a fairly common occurance.