turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

freaking missed.........

Started by hootn, March 21, 2012, 09:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutt down

In 25yrs of turkey hunting I've missed twice! It happens! Doesn't make you feel any better but if you chase them long enough you will miss one or two. I've shot several birds that had been shot before. One in particular was a Rio I shot in Kansas that until I started cleaning it didn't know that it had been shot. Through both breasts was a bullet hole that had started to get infected. It was nasty! Bird was shot by a rifle & it looked to be a pretty good size bullet but the wound was green & oozing nasty stuff. Couldn't tell the bird was wounded at all as it was strutting & gobbling before I shot it. They're tough for sure!

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Well I hope you get another chance at him and nail him square in the face  :icon_thumright:

BC

Hate to hear that Scott.

He will be settled down by this weekend. Send me some pics when you crush his beak for him.

tripler

I feel your pain and have lived it too! More times than i care to remember! Chances are that bird was hit by some pellets and could be fatal. You may meet up with him again later.  Worse than missing are the ones that flop badly and then get up trying to fly or run! they cant do either very well and you still never find them.

contagious

I missed on the first shot before ,stood up pumped in a second round and the poor bird stopped when I pumped the gun.Didn't miss with the second round.!!Got lucky.

spctbone

Sorry man! It happens to us all. My first shot at a turkey was a miss! I so wanted that bird too! he was a Eastern with several solid white tail feathers. Absolutely beautiful bird. The father-in-law killed him the very next day and when he was cleaning him found 7 shot in the head/neck area. I guess they just didn't hit the "sweet spot". Get back at him, you'll jelly that ol'head!

I LOVE MY AUTISTIC SON AND DAUGHTER!!

Nick_The_Tinkerer

hootn

Quote from: Nick_The_Tinkerer on March 23, 2012, 07:30:20 PM
DID YOU GET HIM YET????

nope aint been back there since wedneday. took my nephew to coosa county management area yesterday and when i got up this morning it was pouring and lightning. besides i thought i had a dr's appt. the reminder they sent me was for today. get there they were closed. called the main office they ay the dr is on vacation this week it is for next friday.
but going to set up on top of the ridge where i am 45 yards from his tree. where if i had been there tueday and wednesday i could have killed himm when he hit the ground.

scott

briancady

It happens,  just pick your head up and head back out and get a biggun.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Keep at it - Good Luck.....and please let us know how you do