OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Serious limit?

Started by rawalley, March 17, 2012, 02:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you guys stop killing after you reach your limit?

Yes
99 (91.7%)
No.... "Just Yanking Your Chain"
9 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 100

GobbleNut

I have mixed feelings about this poll.  When I voted, I fully expected there to be a zero in the "keep hunting" column,...or as I would call it the "Yes, I admit that I am a poacher" column.  I am amazed that anybody here would admit to that, even if it were true.

I am hoping that the 10% that admit to being poachers are just screwing with us to see how we react.  For those that are serious, if any, you can take these words to heart.  You are an embarassment to the members of this forum, and to true hunters across America, in general. 

Eventually, you will be "outed", and when you are, you will be looked upon with the disdain and disgust that you deserve.  Being a hunter is more than about killing.  It is about having ethics, integrity, and respect for other hunters and the wildlife we hunt.  You are no better than a common, petty thief and there is no glory or respect to be found in that.

Rio Fan

Well said, GobbleNut.  I agree with you 100%!

redarrow

Quote from: Rio Fan on March 26, 2012, 10:43:41 AM
Well said, GobbleNut.  I agree with you 100%!

Oh yeah ! Very well put.

jakebird

Ethics is who you are and what you do when no one is watching.  ;)
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

Jbird22

IF I'm blessed with 3 birds here in MS I will quit. If EVERYONE would do that we'd have plenty of birds to hunt every year. There's no need to be greedy but a LOT of people are afflicted with it.

joshb311

Quote from: Dray223 on March 21, 2012, 07:36:49 AM
There is no reason for anyone to have to hunt to survive anymore, not in this day in time.

If it were a situation other than necessity, I would agree. I personally know of three families that would be borderline to starving if it weren't for their ability to hunt and fish. There are some people out there that are still too proud to live off the government and handouts. I applaud them for their resolve. Not many people in this world remain that still have genuine character and pride. To say that there is no reason for anyone to have to hunt to survive only shows how oblivious people are to the real poverty that is still present in this country.

jakebird

Especially in the rural appalachians and deep south. Its the poverty no one ever talks about and the ones no bleeding heart city slicker congressman is rushing to help. Not meanin to hijack a thread, just callin it like i see it.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?