North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Serious limit?

Started by rawalley, March 17, 2012, 02:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you guys stop killing after you reach your limit?

Yes
99 (91.7%)
No.... "Just Yanking Your Chain"
9 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 100

rawalley

I see post where guys have already killed two birds with only three days into the ms season.  I think real turkey hunters stop when they are supposed to.  The limit might suck but its there for a reason.  Please respect the bird we love to hunt so much.
STAY HOME!

sugarray

Quote from: rawalley on March 17, 2012, 02:26:24 PM
I see post where guys have already killed two birds with only three days into the ms season.  I think real turkey hunters stop when they are supposed to.  The limit might suck but its there for a reason.  Please respect the bird we love to hunt so much.

Don't understand where you think we are massacring turkeys.   ??? ???

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I see post where guys have already killed two birds with only three days into the ms season.  I think real turkey hunters stop when they are supposed to.  The limit might suck but its there for a reason.  Please respect the bird we love to hunt so much.

The limit in Mississippi is 3; by my math, those individuals, some of whom I call friends, still have one more to go.

Then they take their children, their
Father in-laws, and their friends.

Real turkey hunters kill turkeys and do it with stunning proficiency.  I'm not sure how youre so presumptuous to conclude that people who kill limits swiftly don't respect the wild turkey.

Your logic is flawed.

Turkeykiller12

This thread needs to be waded up and threw in the trash can. Makes no sense!

redarrow

Do you have any idea what the "LEGAL" limits are ? As for the one no vote I hope you get busted and put under the jail.

TRKYHTR

In CA we are on the honor system. Which means we don't have tags for our turkeys. It would be very easy to keep killing turkeys and I know a few hunters that do. I knew 2 guys who killed 19 Jakes between them in one spring, at least thats what they said and I wouldn't doubt them. I don't have much to do with them and they know not to be telling me things like that because I have a few friends that are game wardens. I am supposed to be an example for my kids, my friends and to God. That is not being a good example. When I kill my 3 gobblers then I'll just keep looking for people to take. I always have people wanting me to take them turkey hunting.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

mikejd

This is a stupid post. But Ill answer anyway. If I new 2 guys that shot 15 jakes I would walk the warden to there front door and point my finger in there face. second thats the good thing about turkey hunting once you get your limit you still can go out and call for someone that has not had as much luck as you. This post is good for one thing. We can see the people that we would rather not associate with.

mike

runngun

Upon reaching the legal limit then I take other folks, kids and kinfolk. But then I go to other states as well. There are limits for a reason. The OP appears to be a little judgemental/presumptive. Possibly a little on the jealous side?

Good Luck and God Bless
           Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

HOOKS1

When I tag out in my home state I call for a few friends. Then I head out to hunt several other states.

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: Canyonhunter on March 17, 2012, 02:59:57 PM
This thread needs to be waded up and threw in the trash can. Makes no sense!
:z-winnersmiley:

catdaddy

It's obvious you are evious of those guys you referenced that can kill two birds so quickly--

turkey_slayer

Theres several on here than kill there limit quickly then take others so they can stay in the game.  Im one of em.  In fact I never use my last tag till the last week if I even get to then but its not a numbers game to me.  Were allowed 3.  As soon as I kill 2 I start taking friends, family, and coworkers that are always pestering me.  I get to get my fix this way and as a bonus I get to see other turkey hunters with a smile on there face. I could honestly take almost a new person everyday of our 31 day season if I took everyone that asked to go. I dont trust that many people tho  ;D

tomanyturkeycalls

I wish I could shoot my limit in a couple of days... heck sometimes I go without.... I see nothing wrong at all going and taking other people... I just mean I wouldn't personally shoot myself a over limit... I can't get enough of hunting and taking other people or just calling up some birds with another hunter is more than half the fun...

Fireengine70

Half the time I don't shoot my limit because I end up calling birds in for other people.(kids, friends, etc). I get more satisfaction from doing that. With that being said, this thread needs to go in the trash.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

eodusmc

then i go out and help my buds get theirs. he dont call that good so i just call for him.

by the way just found this site and like it alot. :you_rock: