turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First SP10 kill of the year w/PIC

Started by deadbuck, March 17, 2012, 09:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbuck

20 minutes into opening morning of the Mississippi season and the SP10 barked. Turkey came strutting down a row of pines facing me and would not break strut so I shot him strutting. Shot the old Rem 1 7/8 of Hevi #6 with a .695 jellyhead choke

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

ElkTurkMan

Man that is awesome!  I have an SP-10 nad I keep saying I am going to amke a turkey rig out of it, but I never do.  Perhaps this off season.

DirtNap647

nice bird thinkin bout doin a 10 myself

Old Gobbler

Congrats ,your gobbler looks like a real nice one too !!!!

After looking at you picture ,In my minds eye I could hear the sound of a 10 gauge sounding off on a foggy spring morning --booooooooom
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

WildTigerTrout

Years ago I killed a gobbler on top of a ridge line with my Browning BPS 24" 10 Ga. Stalker. It was early morning. Late in the afternoon a friend called me via phone and wanted to know how big my bird was. I replied "Who told you I killed a bird?" He said I heard your BIG TEN go off and I knew it had to be you. He was hunting close to a mile away from me that morning! That 10 must really echo up and down those hollows. :lol:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on March 19, 2012, 10:51:22 PM
Years ago I killed a gobbler on top of a ridge line with my Browning BPS 24" 10 Ga. Stalker. It was early morning. Late in the afternoon a friend called me via phone and wanted to know how big my bird was. I replied "Who told you I killed a bird?" He said I heard your BIG TEN go off and I knew it had to be you. He was hunting close to a mile away from me that morning! That 10 must really echo up and down those hollows. :lol:

The guy in our crew that hunts with a 10 can't deny shooting a bird. There is no doubt about it when he shoots if it was him or not! It is like rolling thunder!

steveo

Sweet ! I have a couple more weeks till the first of my hunts begin !!!!!! great bird.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

LBSS

deadbuck

They call it 26 but it is closer to 25 if I remember correctly.

tha bugman