OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally got to shoot my hr 10!

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, March 16, 2012, 11:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

Well I got to shoot my gun today I was impressed with it I must say! The recoil is as bad as folks say but some folks just don't take recoil well personally it doesnt bother me bad. But I shot it at 44yds it put 238 pellets in a 10 in. circle.  I was shooting 4/5/7s that were nitros. My poi was right on but was around 3 inches high which that's fine with me. Put it on the waddles and let it eat! For the price of the gun I am completely happy with the gun! Next project is to get the gun dipped in bottomland mossy oak!! Thanks for the replies to my questions regarding 10's.

rtsj

jerf

Houndstooth Game Calls

Well my buddy "fly down" told me to go with the 720 rhino and I found one at a deal so I snatched it up! I shot the 4/5/7's nitros . I haven't tried it with any other chokes but I want to try the three ounce loads to see if it picks up even more.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

hoyt 09

I have an h&r 10 also I shoot the new mega whieght nitros and a primos jelly head 690 tube and 50yds it put over 70 pellets in the kill zone on a turkey head target! I first shot winchester supreme hv #5's and they didnt pattern worth a flip but the nitros are as advertised I went by the recomendation on there website for my gun and i am very satisfied with my pattern