turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DSD Decoys.

Started by Hognutz, March 10, 2012, 11:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

Thanks, Ricky. I am going to do just that. I emailed him today for some info. Seems like a real nice guy..I will order a bag from him tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up on the padded strap..Mike :thanks:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

busta biggun

I think they work pretty darn good!

mossy835

Quote from: busta biggun on March 12, 2012, 12:03:30 PM
I think they work pretty darn good!

Now that is impressive!!!!!!!!!]

Dave Smith

GREAT pictures and thank you guys for posting them! John- wow- great pics! I had never heard of usa hunting gear- their bags look great!!!! Does the double bag fit our Jake and Hen just right? Might have to link their site to ours. THANKS to all of you for supporting us at DSD! We would be NOWHERE without all the great hunters and staff of OLDGOBBLER!!!!!! 

stinkpickle

Quote from: Dave Smith on March 12, 2012, 05:09:28 PM
Does the double bag fit our Jake and Hen just right?

I think it was designed specifically for those.

busta biggun

Yeah I bought the double bag from USA huntinggear and it is custom fit for the jake and hen. Perfect fit and very convenient to carry.

runngun

It was designed to fit Both dcoys at the same time work great they are good folk. Had some personal problems they were working on. They may need some business and would be glad to help.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

slwayne

Quote from: vaturkey on March 11, 2012, 06:54:00 PM

Hognutz

If you're going to spend good money on THE BEST decoys get you a double decoy bag from USAHUNTINGGEAR. Tom's bags are made especially for the DSD's. Tell him to also send you a padded strap. He makes top notch products. Good Luck This Spring !

Ricky   :newmascot:
Googled "USA Hunting Gear" and came up empty.  Does he have a web site?  If not, what's the best way to get in touch with him?  I have the upright hen and about to pull the trigger on the jake and sure would like to check out these double decoy bags you guys are raving about.  Thanks.

mnbeardbuster

Hognutz

There you go, Slwayne. I haven't gotten mine yet, but he said I would have it by Fri. He is a really nice guy, and extremely apprectiative of anything bought from him. His prices can't be beat. I don't think you'll be sorry if you buy his double bag, or anything else of his, for that matter..Good luck, brother..Mike

http://www.usahuntingear.com/

Tell him I sent ya'..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

slwayne

Got it guys.  Thanks.

Rio Fan

I just got one of the double bags last week for my Dave Smith hen and jake.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed.  Carrying them is going to be easy and quiet.  It's a great decoy bag!

turkeytromp

After using the primos she mobil decoys for a few years, I just purchased a new DSD upright hen from cabelas and received it yesterday, Wow this decoy is amazing, I sure hope she lures me in a nice willing tom this spring!

Beretta686

I was introduced to Dave Smith goose decoys several years ago while shooting resident geese in Alabama. I remember sending an email asking if they made a turkey decoy and they did not at the time. I bought the next best back then, a hard core turkey decoy. Yes they made them before Primos bought them. Anyway the following year I went to the NWTF national convention in Atlanta and Dave Smith Decoys were there with their new turkey decoy. Didn't ask the price, just bought it. Got home and gave the hard core decoy away. I think the next one I bought was the jake, then the feeding hen. This year at the convention I bought the full strut. Only reason I did is because I will be hunting a couple of clear cuts this year.

I broke the head off my first DSD and just glued the head back on. I will buy a new one today if they have any left at Marks outdoor in Birmingham.

I have a ton of money tied up in DSD and don't use them but a couple of times a year. When I hunt pastures or clear cuts. I learned to turkey hunt without a decoy, Alabama didn't make it legal till 2005 I think. I always move to too much and get in real close to worry about picking up and setting a decoy. BUT when I want to use a decoy, I have the best available in the truck. I have had jakes try to mount the hen decoys in front of me, I have had gobbler attack the jake decoy, and have had turkeys scratch and feed touching the decoys.

By far the best decoy available.

I don't even woods goat hunt much, but a friend and I are going to buy the posturing buck decoy this year.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005