OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: !!!!!ATTN!!! ANYBODY THAT ORDERED FROM ROGERS!!!  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Rockhound

• The Boss Gobbler
!!!!!ATTN!!! ANYBODY THAT ORDERED FROM ROGERS!!!
« on: March 13, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
Today as i was patterning the first shell i shot was one that i ordered the other day from rogers. BOOM! the wadding goes through the target at 40 yds. about half of the ones i shot have. so i walk down and check it out and i start looking for the wadding because i knew it couldn have went far after tearing through the cardboard. I walked over it a few times before i picked it up because i wasnt looking for it but there at my feet was a FLIGHT CONTROL WAD THAT WAS WARM TO THE TOUCH!!!! The day i ordered these shells i called rogers to ask if these shells had the fcw and they said no, and im not 100% sure my self but unless the wadding went 20 yards after penetrating the cardboard im almost positive it is it. Im not going to cut one open because i am happy with the way they perform. but i just thought i would give a heads up for you guys.

Offline BigPeck215

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: !!!!!ATTN!!! ANYBODY THAT ORDERED FROM ROGERS!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 05:39:39 PM »
That's unfortunate now I have 10 boxes of fcw shells  :'(

On the other hand what kind of numbers were you getting?

Offline Basser69

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
I read somewhere that the flight control wad was not supposed to be shot in some chokes and cannot remember which ones??

Offline BigPeck215

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
its not recommended for ported choke, which is every choke that I have for the 10ga, the fcw is made to stay with the shot as it travels down range and ported chokes tend to help strip the wad from the shot in the barrel

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »
Bill Davis { pure gold } might be doing a run of Tempest chokes in the 10 gauge - a possibility
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline Rockhound

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:26 PM »
Im gettin about a 110 in a 10 at 40 with a kicks gobbling thunder and to be honest ive done alot of testing with these  shot and from what ive seen i think they would do good out of a 685 or 680. NOW do not hold me to this unless you cut one open and check it out because i would not swear to it as i have not cut one open but that just about had to be that wadding that went through the cardboard

Offline steveo

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »
I have been testing the #7 Federal HYW in my BPS with a Kicks GT 685 and find it shoots great high 100s in the 10" from 30-40yds and no blown patterns a bit tight at 15 and less so you best be on point !!!. I called Kicks before shooting them and they had already shot them and were finding the same results..........I noticed when you look at the wad close up the rear brake petals are open so it seems all is fine, some are a bit scorched but nothing to worry about. I used to shoot Winchester #6s before they changed them to the HV load and with this choke it performed as well just not as dense.

Offline Rockhound

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 09:42:02 PM »
I have been testing the #7 Federal HYW in my BPS with a Kicks GT 685 and find it shoots great high 100s in the 10" from 30-40yds and no blown patterns a bit tight at 15 and less so you best be on point !!!. I called Kicks before shooting them and they had already shot them and were finding the same results..........I noticed when you look at the wad close up the rear brake petals are open so it seems all is fine, some are a bit scorched but nothing to worry about. I used to shoot Winchester #6s before they changed them to the HV load and with this choke it performed as well just not as dense.
i been shooting the lead ones out of a kicks for a couple years now and they pattern great