OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion - Wednesday - 2/23/11

Started by lightsoutcalls, February 23, 2011, 10:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I have tried twice to compose a devotional for this morning, and twice I have run into an error in posting.  I'm getting the feeling that God doesn't want me to add my commentary to His word, so I will post the verses that I felt led to use and pray that He will speak through them.

Ephesians 5:25-33 (The Message)

25-28Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ's love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. And that is how husbands ought to love their wives. They're really doing themselves a favor—since they're already "one" in marriage.

29-33No one abuses his own body, does he? No, he feeds and pampers it. That's how Christ treats us, the church, since we are part of his body. And this is why a man leaves father and mother and cherishes his wife. No longer two, they become "one flesh." This is a huge mystery, and I don't pretend to understand it all. What is clearest to me is the way Christ treats the church. And this provides a good picture of how each husband is to treat his wife, loving himself in loving her, and how each wife is to honor her husband.

Have a blessed day,
Wendell
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

Thanks for the Word Wendell. Have a great day!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

turkey slayer

BOFF

Appreciate the Word Wendell.

I hate it when stuff like that happens. God's word is enough, and I often feel I may tend to distract from it by adding my thoughts.

However, from everything I have read of your post though, you have hit the mark each time.  :cross2:

God Bless,
David B.