OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rebel T3i help ?

Started by dirtywhite, March 11, 2012, 06:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtywhite

I dont know if this entirely the right place to put this but I figured i would try anyways. the problem I have is I have a cannon rebel t3i and it is loud as heck when I snap a photo and I am wanting to get some turkey pictures this spring up close and personal is there a way to make this thing quiet or do you think they would even alarm at that noise ? Thank you for any help or advise you can give  :funnyturkey:
"Forgiveness is between god and them it's my job to arrange the meeting"

econo

not sure about cannon, but on my nikon- you can cut off all beeps. You will still have the noise of the shutter acuation though
May God bless you all

Kadiddlehopper

I have seen it go both ways....The "Beep" (from focus lock) has brought them to my blind. the shutter action ,has never changed the birds actions (For me ).
  BUT I also have had the "Beep" scare the crap out-of the birds ,and cause them to flush !
I turn off the beep ,and use a mouth call to get them as close  as I can, to my blind. sometimes that is as close as 2 feet . once they are with in 20 feet I start photographing .The shutter action (As far as I have seen) doesn't have any affect.....regaurdless if I'm photographing Turkeys ,Ducks  Or Deer...heck any game for that matter .  BTW I have a D90 Nikon ,And A Cannon T2i ,same goes for both cameras .

Ol'Mossy

You can go into your Menu and turn off the beep sound

Hit menu, then go to the camera in red at the far left, scroll down to beep then turn off

Its the same as my Canon Rebel XSi

But you'll always have the shutter sound

dirtywhite

thank you for the help atleast the beep is gone and the shutter aint so bad happy hunting all  :turkey2:
"Forgiveness is between god and them it's my job to arrange the meeting"