turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

bow camo

Started by deersled, March 11, 2012, 06:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deersled

how do you camo your bow? I've heard of guys using plastic ivy. or do you just let the camo paint job do its thing. This is for hunting without a cheater (ooops, I mean without a blind, lol).

MOStrutter

Go to Hobby Lobby and buy the plastic leaves that matches the type of environment your gonna be hunting in and just zip tie them to your riser and then maybe attach some to your clothes.  I know it sounds nuts but it can look pretty awesome and its not very expensive.

deersled

I went to  a "dollar tree" store and bought two 4 ft sections of the plastic ivy and wrapped it around my limbs and riser. zip tied the ends. actually looks pretty cool. I guess you could pin some of the stuff to your shirt and hat. Or spend 80 bucks on a 3d leafy suit, lol. I think I will stick with the 1 dollar 4 ft. sections. I'd love to see some pictures of some setups (bow and clothing). thanks

MOStrutter

Did the ivy wrapped around your limbs make your bow noisy?  I wouldn't want anything on my limbs for fear that it may get shoved into my cables/strings/cams and because of the added noise factor.

deersled

haven't noticed any noise. Its well clear of the cams with zipties and nowhere near the string. just make sure you position it so it doesn't get in your sight window at full draw,

savedbygrace

Quote from: deersled on March 11, 2012, 06:17:30 PM
how do you camo your bow? I've heard of guys using plastic ivy. or do you just let the camo paint job do its thing. This is for hunting without a cheater (ooops, I mean without a blind, lol).

I let mine go. No issues as of yet.