OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Goop question.

Started by 2Barrel, March 11, 2012, 08:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Barrel

Hi fellas. Well, I finally got a couple pots turned and have the sound board in place and now ready for the top surface. When I glue it down using the Goop I know some will ooze out to the top where you can see it. What do you use to clean it up so it wont hurt the finish of the pot call ? I used tru-oil for the finish thats only a couple days old if that helps.

2Barrel

Thanks Gitzit69. Didnt apply yet. Just getting prepared LOL. Maybe I think to much.

stone road turkey calls

Be carefull and don't use to much glue, it may push out and bridge over to your sound board. that will kill the call.

gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Cut*N*Run

I usually wait an hour or so and pull off the Goop that has squeezed through. It will come off pretty easily in a long string if you pull just right- unlike the smearing you get when you try to wipe it off right away.

Redfish71

Put goop in a 6 mm syringe with no needle, you can apply a nice even bead, and can clean out the syringe with acetone when done.

Dave

2Barrel

Thanks for the tips guys. Much appreciated .

Gobblerstopper

I usually run a razor knife over the squeeze out if there is any and then just pull it off.  Most of the time you probably wouldn't need to cut it, just pull it off.