OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

VA Turkeys

Started by jonhaga, March 11, 2012, 07:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonhaga

Man just stepped out on the front porch and heard 3 different gobblers. Season doesn't start till April the 14th

VaTuRkStOmPeR

My buddy heard 10 Friday morning...

Should be awesome opening week.

sippy cup

We have heard 2 or 3 the last couple mornings here in va
beware of longdale legend

GOLD HUNTER

:wave: GUYS you all know there are no birds in Va., who ya'll trying to fool !!!  :toothy9:

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on March 11, 2012, 11:34:06 AM
:wave: GUYS you all know there are no birds in Va., who ya'll trying to fool !!!  :toothy9:

Right on GOLD HUNTER thank you for clearing that up!!    :toothy12:
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

bdesanto16

I road out to Big Woods WMA this morning and didnt hear a gobble but it was also 27 degrees when i was trying my crow call, did a little riding around a saw to flocks but it looks like they are starting to break up. Keep the reports coming.

mossy835

Make that 6 - 7 hours one way but worth it!

forcercon1

What part of VA are you guys hearing birds? I was out Saturday Morning, and this morning, but no luck. I did see two flocks yesterday around lunch time but the gobblers and hens were still together.

sippy cup

Quote from: forcercon1 on March 11, 2012, 07:10:19 PM
What part of VA are you guys hearing birds? I was out Saturday Morning, and this morning, but no luck. I did see two flocks yesterday around lunch time but the gobblers and hens were still together.
Where in VA are you from
beware of longdale legend

bdesanto16

I was out around Wakefield, VA and had about the same results but like I said the flocks are small so that is a good sign.

BigEz

I've seen a few small flocks in northern va as well, won't be long now till their gettin after it.

forcercon1

I'm South West of richmond on the North Carolina line. The flocks I saw were still big and had 2-3 gobblers in each flock with 10-14 hens in each.

jonhaga

I'm right on the N.C. line in Henry Co.

turkey_slayer

Heard 3 in washington county Virgina.  Got some pics and video of a strutter

forcercon1

I haven't been able to get out the last week.... anybody hearing much in VA?