OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Shotgun Speed Loaders?  (Read 4527 times)

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Shotgun Speed Loaders?
« on: March 10, 2012, 07:20:24 AM »
What's everyone's suggestion?  I have been using the old 35mm film containers but by the time I dump one with powder, pull out a wad, seat it, dump another container with shot, over shot wad, seat again it feels like I took 20 minutes and the primer isn't on yet.  I know this is a game where the first shot means everything but at some point a second could be required.  Add low light conditions to the senario and I would look like a cartoon :fud:.  Help.

Offline wmahunter

• Flyway Specialties
Re: Shotgun Speed Loaders?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:36:47 AM »
This is what I use and have been real happy with them.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/30599241-1.html

Offline mnbirdbuster

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:32:59 PM »
Done some experimenting with this, and have come up with a decent system i think! I took a 35mm canister, put shot in and then used a cardboard divider that i cut from a box thats the diameter of the canister! After that all my wads/cards fit in there nicely! I then carry powder and fullplastic jackets in a speedloader like i would if deer hunting!

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:57:08 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  Both will work.  The only thing I didn't like about the cheaperthandirt item is that it wasn't cheaperthandirt.  I'll probably buy a couple anyway.  I'm a big spender ;D.

Offline hoyt

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 09:26:54 AM »
I use these..has a divider in the middle for powder on one end shot on the other.