OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Pollished 24"TH 835, TG .670 BC choke, Fed. pre-fc 3.5/2/6 pb, 39 yds.

Started by mightyjoeyoung, March 08, 2012, 09:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

HORRIBLE weather today!  40 degrees, raining and windy, but I just had to get out and try the new choke and the Fed. Premium pre-fc pb loads I got from rogers.   Gun has only been boresnaked since the beginning of goose season too.  158 in the 10 and a whole bunch in the 20 and id say it was even, wouldn't you?  Cannot wait to shoot this in some warm, dry temps!

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BigHooks

Philippe

Looks great to me, i'll put a few thru my 24" gun with the same choke and post up the results this next weekend maybe.

cannonball

Todd1700

One of the most evenly distributed patterns I've seen. That's a killer. Why oh why, can't Federal just drop those FC wads and start making shells like those again?

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Todd1700 on March 09, 2012, 07:07:48 AM
One of the most evenly distributed patterns I've seen. That's a killer. Why oh why, can't Federal just drop those FC wads and start making shells like those again?

I think they are...to a point with the new Strut Shock stuff everyone is talking about from on Cabela's.  While it isn't truly a "new" load, it looks like they finally listened to all the sour grapes talk over the FC wad stuff and decided to get back to what always worked for years?  In the meantime, I will be buying up every box of this stuff I find.  Don't careabout the lot #s either, as I have never found a bad one in the older Federal lead.

Rockhound

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Rockhound on March 09, 2012, 09:11:39 AM
TG .670 BC? Wat choke is that exactly?

It is the new Tru-Glo Bone Collector choke.  I could do without the stupid logo on the side ::), but I gotta admit it's a nice choke!  Good looking geometry, nice clean transition into the final constriction, and the ports are flared larger than the E.D. which should even work well with the FC Heavyweight 7s I picked up.

MossbergMike

surehuntsalot

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 09, 2012, 10:17:24 AM
Quote from: Rockhound on March 09, 2012, 09:11:39 AM
TG .670 BC? Wat choke is that exactly?

It is the new Tru-Glo Bone Collector choke.  I could do without the stupid logo on the side ::), but I gotta admit it's a nice choke!  Good looking geometry, nice clean transition into the final constriction, and the ports are flared larger than the E.D. which should even work well with the FC Heavyweight 7s I picked up.

that joke" Wadell" has got to get his cut for that logo
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

beagler

Never Misses

Tom Foolery

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

joeculb

I want to see the #7's when you pattern that one. I'm choke poor, but I was thinking about one of those chokes. Been reading good things.