OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does anybody make a 10 ga barrel for encore?

Started by deadbuck, March 08, 2012, 11:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbuck

runngun

I aint never seen one either. I have a 10 and I have an Encore but I don't believe I want to try to hang on to that one. I think it would be a beast as far as recoil.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

deadbuck

I would carry my H&R more if it was more maneuverable. It is just too D--N heavy and bulky. Recoil doesn't bother me (I shoot a 375 H&H at deer in the encore). Was thinking a 10 in encore with thumbhole stock and a good scope or sighting device would be a killin machine and a pleasure to carry.

fountain2

Hmmmm thisbis interesting.   I have an encore too and a 10 would be mean.  Knowing Sumtoy builds whole target bbl, I wonder if he could build a 10 ga for an encore?  May have to see.  A 10 throwing some tss would be ugly

HuntSource

It's not gonna happen, at least not safely. The 12ga is already pushing it in terms of barrel wall thickness. T/C even had to make a special optic mount with short screws for that offering. Maximum barrel diameter for the Encore is 1", and, thus, maximum barrel wall thickness Would be just over 1/10" for a 10ga. Safety issues notwithstanding, there's no way to drill and tap for mount and get enough threads.

paladin

I agree to "its not going to happen" but due to demand only. Instead of drilling , silver solder the base to the barrel. Bore out the 12 encore to 3.5" and drop a shell in it.. That is recoil!!!  A new england 10 is cheaper than a encore barrel.
And yes I would love to have a 10 encore barrel too.
"have gun-will travel"

nflorek

Quote from: deadbuck on March 08, 2012, 03:16:03 PM
I would carry my H&R more if it was more maneuverable. It is just too D--N heavy and bulky. Recoil doesn't bother me (I shoot a 375 H&H at deer in the encore). Was thinking a 10 in encore with thumbhole stock and a good scope or sighting device would be a killin machine and a pleasure to carry.
You can put the H@R handi grip stocks on the 10ga's the forend just needs to be opened up to fit the larger barrel. After doing this it makes it way lighter by removing the metal rod and the heavy wood, and gives you the thumbhole stock. As far as sighting device its got holes tap at a 1/2" so you can use a Burris 336 mount and the fastfire sights.

HuntSource

Quote from: paladin on March 31, 2012, 11:23:54 PM
I agree to "its not going to happen" but due to demand only. Instead of drilling , silver solder the base to the barrel. Bore out the 12 encore to 3.5" and drop a shell in it.. That is recoil!!!  A new england 10 is cheaper than a encore barrel.

Would you silver solder the lug to the barrel too? There'd likely be less than .09" of barrel wall in that area.