OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shot some Federal HW #7's

Started by Old Gobbler, March 04, 2012, 11:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Shot some Federal HW #7's today , it was real windy but let one rip out of my PG 690 - it shot a 150 , Ill try a few other chokes, but I will tell you this .... those #7's shot straight through the 3/8  plywood like it was nothing ,I mean every single pellet blew right out the backside - I dont even think #4 leads could do that at 40 yards - its some very hard hitting stuff  -

I tested out my sons 20ga with EM magblends and it could only bust through the ply at 30 yards but not 40 yards

ill try and take pictures for you guys
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Houndstooth Game Calls

I figured it would have put more in the circle with sevens. I got some nitro sevens to try be interesting to see what they do!

GOLD HUNTER

YEP ITS HARD HITTING STUFF !!!  :OGturkeyhead:

Brian

gobbler74

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on March 05, 2012, 12:53:20 AM
I figured it would have put more in the circle with sevens. I got some nitro sevens to try be interesting to see what they do!
Those are a denser pellet. Not too high on count due to weight but they rock on both ends
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

sippy cup

I shot them in a 12 gauge they hit hard
beware of longdale legend

vaturkey

I just shot some in my 20 ga & was really impressed !   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Devastator

shannon, i shot my first pa bird last year with fed cp6's with the fcw after i was averageing about in the 170-180 range and dead is dead.in the mean time i ordered the 7's to try after the 6's did that good.last day of the pa season at 50 plus steps i got #2 with the 7's and ive never in the life of me after 52 other beards on the wall saw one go down so hard.i can not imagine how hard these reloaders with the tss are hammering the birds.good luck in florida.

steveo

Same results on my end......right thru the wood into some saplings and who knows where !!!! shoot great thru my BPS and GT 685.