turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alphamax or Assassin?

Started by joshb311, March 03, 2012, 07:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshb311

I'm about to buy a new bow in the next week or so and have narrowed it down to two. The 2011 Bowtech Assassin and 2011 Hoyt Alphaburner. I have found good deals on new ones from both manufacturers. I can get a Alphaburner bare bow for about $475 and a R.A.K. Bowtech that is already accessorized with the 2012 Octane goodies for about $550.

I was wondering what the opinions were about these bows. Looking for feedback from people who have owned either or have shot them. The bow will be a dual purpose hunter as it will be used for both turkey and deer hunting and I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of each. (Aside from the Bowtech being already equipped)

I know I should shoot each if possible and see which seems to feel better, but that won't really be an option this go around. Hoyt and Bowtech are both solid names and these were their mid to high end bows at their time so I'm not really concerned about quality issues as both will be covered by warranties.

MOStrutter

Make sure both bows have the draw length you need or have the ability to adjust.  When I buy a bow I like to put my own accessories on it since its going to have ot go to a pro shop anyway and get setup for me and retuned.  You really should shoot a particular model of bow before you buy it though.  I would go with the Hoyt since you can still use the warranty.

wv bowhunter

I would go with the Hoyt since I shoot an Alphamax 32 now.  But since most of the major brands have good dependable equipment it really boils down to how the bow fits you and how it feels to you.  You will get many opinions on what is the best bow but, it is what is best for you. ;) Good Luck

hookhntr

I would go bowtech. Its a great shooting bow, and very forgiving. Its just a great setup for a good price. But im also a bowtech fan

tomtamer25

I know Bowtech had some trouble with limbs de-laminating.  I would get the Hoyt before the Bowtech.  Thats just my 2 cents