OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truglow/HiViz sights???

Started by ckhawkeye51, February 29, 2012, 10:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckhawkeye51

Can anyone give me advice on what sight would fit my Browning Maxus rib. The sights that are supposed to fit seem to be too "deep" and they end up stick up to tall on the barrel and slid right over the front of the bead. I thought about cutting the sides down but decided to just send them back to Cabelas and save my $22. Anyone have any sight ideas or suggestions on what I should do? I'm not a big fan of the plain pearl bead that comes on the gun

reynolds243

William Fire sights should be good, they are great on my guns.

dirt road ninja

I'm not sure of the side height, but the Truglo pro series sights are solid. I own a few sets and have had good luck with them. I have also heard great things about the william sights and after looking at them online they seem to be nicer looking choice.

ckhawkeye51

I would like the have sights that could double for waterfowl as well so i'm not really looking into the rifle style... just something flat on the barrel rib with some color.

GregWinesette

I've got the triviz deer/turkey combo sight on my turkey gun. Good thing about this sight is that it fits all vent rib widths. The front sight is a screw in, not sure how the maxus sights are but I recommend this sight. Also has windage and several different front sights for raising/lowering POI

GregWinesette

One of the front sights for the triviz is just a standard fat hi viz tube that could be used for wings shooting