OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Started by Duke0002, February 22, 2011, 12:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"Jesus wept" (John 11:35).

We read in the Bible that Jesus cries.  He grieves and weeps at the death of His Friend Lazarus.  He doesn't try to hide or deny His feelings.  His tears flow.  Jesus' tears reveal that He truly is fully human as well as fully divine.  He understands the wide range of our human emotions.

So... how have you been feeling today?   Whatever emotions you may be experiencing, you should not hesitate to share them with Jesus.  When you cry, He weeps with you.  When you're happy and content, He rejoices with you.  When you're angry, upset, disappointed, or depressed, He's there to listen.

Your emotions are gifts from God.  But even when you're in the throes of various emotions, God reminds you that your faith is not based on your feelings, but on the truths revealed in His Word (The Bible).  And the truth is that Jesus died for your salvation, your sins are forgiven, you possess His righteousness, and you are a child of God!

Your moods may change from day to day, but the constant love the Lord has for you remains yours forever!

-Dale

BOFF

turkey slayer

Crutch

Thanks, that reminds me of a great song, Tears are a language God understands.

I'm thankful for this devotional thread also.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

Roostem33

Amen to that Dale, thanks for sharing!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)