turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2012 YOUTH HUNT OSCEOLA DOWN

Started by speckslayer, February 27, 2012, 07:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speckslayer

My sons awaiting moment finally came this weekend (he is 8 years old),he has been on many scouting and hunting trips with me,but until this year he was not aloud to pull the trigger,he practiced his shot for the past year until he built his confidence in himself as well as me,so on saturday morning of the south zone hunt for florida youths it was his turn to step up,at 6:30 a.m. we herd 2 birds gobble on the roost,we talked to them for a bit,at 7:00 we had several jakes within 10 feet of our blind,but we had seen the two gobblers coming in,so he waited,the jakes finally walked off with the two gobbblers strutting 20 yards in front of us,he waited for the one gobbler to block the others view before getting his gun up to shoot,one cut and kaaapoww...he rolled him with his single shot 410,this feeling i had within myself i could not describe,this has to be the proudest moment of my life,tears of joy were coming from my eyes,i truely believe my son is hooked for life on turkey hunting,good luck to the old gobbler.com family    

9 3/4" beard
1" spurs
17 lbs

Cove

Fix the pictures! I need the pictures!! :drool:

Awesome! So pumped for you and the lil man!!

slamman

FANTASTIC always fun to be there when the young ones get their first one.  could not see the picture can you re-post?

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

TRKYHTR

That is awesome. First spring turkey kill of 2012. He's the man.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hookedspur

Welcome to the Brotherhood  :theman:  lil man   :theman:
May it be the first of many .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

savduck

That is awesome. Welcome to the brotherhood little dude.
Georgia Boy

hunter-b

sugarray

AWESOME!!   Congrats to you guys.  A moment you will never forget!

:anim_65: :anim_65:

dirt road ninja

:drool:

Congratulation. I hope you stay with it.

pseshooter300

That is awesome super early season down that way when does the actual season open other than the youth days
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

billy29435

Congrats to both of you. I know the feeling I was with both my boys when they got there first bird it is awsome nothing compares to it  :you_rock:

Shotgun

Thats awesome...Congrats to the young man and yourself.  :icon_thumright:

Saylfish

Congratulations to both of you. Were so proud of  Kyle. I hope to have that same feeling in the future. Way to put down the first bird of the season on oldgobbler Kyle...... :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:
IAFF 1377

jayjay

Sweet! Congtrats to both of you guys!  :fud: