OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fast fire III vs Eotec

Started by agturkey, February 24, 2012, 07:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

If I mount a fast fire III to SBE II what will I need buy and do to mount?

Anyone like Eitec better than fast fire?

harleytom

I can't say I like the EOTech better, I have never had a FF. I didn't like the sight removal to change battery on FFII and was not patient enough to wait on FFIII availability to put on my latest gun. EOTech was, in my opinion, best option for me at that point. I really like what I see out of the FFIII and would not rule out trying one at a later date if I have need. I do like my EOTech though and am happy with my decision. I think they are both quality sights, just depends on what you want/need.

swamppirate

I can say this...I ran an EOTECH on my M-4 in Iraq...I put that thing through the washer....no problems with it and they are VERY durable....my .02
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

bird

Quote from: swamppirate on February 28, 2012, 03:07:20 PM
I can say this...I ran an EOTECH on my M-4 in Iraq...I put that thing through the washer....no problems with it and they are VERY durable....my .02

Thank You for your Service brother!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

BurrisOptics

Quote from: bird on February 28, 2012, 03:19:35 PM
Quote from: swamppirate on February 28, 2012, 03:07:20 PM

Thank You for your Service brother!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

and a big +1

swamppirate

Thanks guys...glad I could do it. Though I've had enough and am now retired....best regards
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

OtsdawaRidgeRunner

We have Eotech's on all our stuff (DHS) and they are battle proven.  I have one on my 835 Tactical Turkey and it's awesome.  If I didn't buy an Eotech it would have been the FastFire.  Just went to what I was used to.  I do have 2 Burris rifle scopes and they are great optics. 

BurrisOptics

Oh and to answer your other question, a FastFire will mount up in the same way as the Eotech if you decide to go with a pic mount.  One nice thing is that you do have an option with the FF.