turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem 870sm b square saddle mount

Started by Longshanks, February 24, 2012, 06:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Just ordered one of these for my 870..anyone had any problems/success with this type of saddle mount? Gonna mount a aim point pro point 11 on it that I used for one season years ago. Any thoughts?

Longshanks

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on February 25, 2012, 08:45:15 AM
Take your trigger assembly out and give it a good cleaning and light oiling.

Once you put the B-Square mount on, you can't remove the trigger assembly unless you remove the B-Square bolts....... After several on/offs the bolt hex heads start rounding out.... might want to invest in a spare set of them.

Also, if your using the typical style butt-stock and shooting 3.5" loads, you better watch the B-Square corner and your index finger.... they don't play well together. Split my finger open the very first shot.... after several more shots and my finger going numb.... I ordered a ShurShot stock set and never had another issue.

Thanks Grizzly, good information..nice Rem 870 rigs in the pics on the other thread. Im wondering if i shouldnt just have the gun tapped. I guess Cheaper than Dirt will give me a refund on the B square if i decide that. Im also wondering if the b square that i order for the Rem 870 SM is interchangable on any Rem 870??

Longshanks

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on February 25, 2012, 08:42:23 PM
It should be able to fit any 12ga 870..... I'm pretty sure mine will fit them all anyway.

Up to you on the D&T job.... if your not attached to it, maybe sell or trade it for one that is D&T'ed from the factory....

If you have a friend in the machining business that you can trust to get everything square, I have the hole spacing measurements I measured off one of mine with a set of digital calipers.

Thanks, i will check everything out when it gets here and send you a pm if i lean toward  D&T 'ing Appreciate the help.

shuey270

I have a b-square mount on my 870 SM and also have the sureshot stock. I like the saddle mount because in a pinch you can still use the bead.

WFI79

As someone already posted. "watch out for your trigger finger" Had a buddy get cut pretty bad on a set up just like your talking about.

870supermagnum

I have the saddle mount on my 870 SM and it has performed well.  I had a Tasco Pro Point red dot sight on it for about five years with no problems, and I currently have a Browning Holo sight that I just put on it.  Still have to pattern that set up.  I have the Knoxx Camo Spec Ops stock installed and it sure tamed the recoil.

Wayne S