turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

any advice about a plastic pot kit?

Started by 4nolz2, February 21, 2012, 07:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nolz2

I bought some poly pots from Grassy Creek to play around with-small pots (3") with a poly sound board (2 1/2") that I put slate on.The sound is very very muted.

would it help to sit the soundboard on a washer or something? How about drilling a hole thru the enntire pot including the soundboard?

I appreciate any advice from you experienced guys!

WillowRidgeCalls

Are you saying there is nothing under the soundboard for a pedestal?
You can't just glue the soundboard down to the bottom of the pot, there has to be some space under it, or it isn't going to play or sound to good.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

stone road turkey calls

If you need to install a pedestal for your sound board, get a peice of 1 inch pvc pipe and cut it so the top of your pipe is a 1/4" below the ledge that your playing surface rest on. glue it in with goop and glue your sound board on to it this should get you close to where you need to be. if your sound board is glued to the floor of the pot your not getting the vibration you need.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

4nolz2

I wondered (no instructions) since I put my glass on a washer for my slate/wooden pots.A washer under the plastic soundboard (that is suppossed to go with it) is going to be a very close fit if the soundboard isnt actually touching the slate.

Cut*N*Run

From the description on the web page, it seems like you're supposed to glue the soundboard to the slate not the pot- if I'm reading it right.

http://www.grassycreekcalls.com/potsboar.htm

4nolz2

well crap CutNRun-THATS embarrassing! :-[

will try!

Cut*N*Run