OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Powder theory  (Read 3231 times)

Offline mnbirdbuster

Powder theory
« on: February 20, 2012, 11:39:53 AM »
When it comes to ML shotguns, a push is more desired than a sudden jolt as itll help keep pattern from blowing apart! Ive only shot Triple7 in my TK 2000! With alot of tinkering i started to get results! Triple7 is hotter than real bp or Pyrodex, and gives the jolt effect! This jolt effect is favorable with sabots and such, but from what im told not favorable in ML shotguns :P Im thinking of buying a pound of Pyrodex RS to develop a load with before hunting season! Does anybody else have any insight to justify trying Pyrodex over Triple7, or any first hand experiences trying both and noticing a difference? I shoot Triple7 in my traditional rifles as well as my T/C Encore and just grabbed what was handy last summer when i tinkered with the TK, and i love the powder but it was developed as a rifle powder and it is much hotter as loads are to be reduced by 15% :OGturkeyhead:

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
Re: Powder theory
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 02:30:33 PM »
I shoot Pyrodex in my TK 2000. It works fine. I load 110Gr (by volume) and 2 oz. of Lawrence copperplated #6 shot. Throws nice , even patterns. I would shoot 40 yards or maybe 45 under ideal conditions with this combo.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Powder theory
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 10:01:24 AM »
Shortly I am going to do some more testing with the TK2000 including chronographing loads. I am going to use black powder, RS pyrodex, Pyrodex select, American select and 777. Something has to work! reflex264