OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Allergic to Osage

Started by neal, February 21, 2011, 03:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Wow turned a osage striker on Saturday anywhere there was dust I'm broke out arms and face. Never had this problem with any other wood!

Guess I'll have to cover up a little better next time.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

smurf

Never had it with osage but had it with another wood.   You never know (until it's too Late).  Take care.
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

Boomstick

That sucks at least you didn't get in your throat
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

Hoosier Daddy

I bet all scratchy from Bubinga

C_W

Nock on wood, but as of right now I don't break out from any type of dust.

Be carefull though, they say the severity if each reaction may progressively worsen.

CW

MarkJM

Make sure you wear a mask because walnut osage and woods like that will inplant themselves into your lungs and its not pretty.
MuellerCustomCalls

firerescue795

i know some typs of wood have a high acid content some walnut will actually bister my skin if i dont wipe it off right away......and im a tree trimmer :( , i dont know if this is the problem but anything is possable

handcannon

Dont take any chances. Box it up and send it all to me. I'll properly dispose of that evil gold for you.

Hate that happened to ya. Covering up with long sleeves and gloves may help some but it probably wont completly take away the risk. May want to do a little more like barrier creams. I know here in the oilfield they use barrier cream a lot to keep harmful chemicals from absorbing into your skin. It may help you out with any exposed skin and you can keep on turning the stuff. I'd just hate to see what it will do to your respritory system if it broke out your skin like that.

I'll send you my mailing address just in case you need a plan B.

VanHelden Game Calls

Hardcannon what a rude comment.  Taking advantage of a guy with a medical problem.  I mean to go out of his way to box it up and to ship. :whip2:

Now I may be able to help.  I will not have you do anything of the sort as mentioned above.  Just vacate and quarantine the effected area.

I will be up in Rice Lake end of April.  I will gladly help you dispose of this hazard on my dime.  Travel and disposal :D 

handcannon

Dang...........geographically side swiped.

VanHelden Game Calls