OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any homebrewers here?

Started by captpete, February 18, 2012, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

What are you running? Right now I have 6. Here is what I've got:

2 - s600/ Yeti 4 wires with HPWA's, 2 -AA externals, 1 in a Pelican 1040 & 1 in Walmart small box.

2 - p32/ Bigfoot, 1 with a HPWA - 1with a standard wide angle, 2 -AA externals, 1 in a Pelican 1040 & 1 in Plano 1425

1- p32/ SS1, HPWA, 2-AA externals in a Plano 1425 case.

1 - p41/SS2, HPWA, 2-C externals in a Otterbox 3000 case....just finished this one and haven't had out yet.

I have 2-p32's and 1-p41 waiting to be hacked and built.

Aim@it

CP, send me a PM, explaining the acronyms. Thanks

captpete

s600, p32 & p41 are the cameras.

SS1, SS2, Bigfoot, & Yeti are the boards.

HPWA = High Performance Wide Angle fresnel.

AA & C are the batteries I use for the external batteries.

1040, 1425 & 3000 are the size of the cases I used.

captpete

Here are some pics of a couple of the cameras I built.

P32, SS1 board, HPWA fresnel, 2-AA external batteries in a Plano 1425 case with 3D camo.

P32, Bigfoot Trailmaster board, HPWA fresnel, 2 -AA external batteries in a factory camo  Plano 1040 case.

Aim@it

CP,    Wow!  Just great, and  certainly a refreshing way to renew the  drive to get out there and get a sneak peek of mother nature.   :thanks:

hookedspur

Someday I would love to build one . :icon_thumright: very nice
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

timbrhuntr

I have built about 8 so far and have 4 cams sitting waiting for me to mod them. Be carefull it can be almost as addictive and expensive as turkey hunting  ;)

Turkeyslayer 101

Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

woodwzrd

That is kind of neat. How does one go about putting something like that together?

Georgia Gator

Does Anyone sell these on here?

captpete

Quote from: woodwzrd on February 23, 2012, 01:39:12 PM
That is kind of neat. How does one go about putting something like that together?

It really isn't as complicated as it looks. I would say the hardest part is hacking the camera. To learn I followed a tutorial similar to this one: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=967895

captpete

Quote from: Georgia Gator on February 24, 2012, 02:54:08 PM
Does Anyone sell these on here?

There are some people that sell them. You can find cams for sale in the classifieds on AcheryTalk & Hagshouse. There are other sites that pertain to homebrewing. Hagshouse has links to some of the other sites.

captpete

Quote from: timbrhuntr on February 23, 2012, 12:21:57 PM
I have built about 8 so far and have 4 cams sitting waiting for me to mod them. Be carefull it can be almost as addictive and expensive as turkey hunting  ;)

Sounds about like me. I currently have 6 done & 3 waiting. I have built another 7....2 for a friend, 2 got ruined in a flood & 3 that I sold. Yes, It can be VERY addicting!!

Chilly

1- S600 external batteries
2-P41 with external batteries -- both modified for IR with new glass
all material from whitetailsupply.com
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

captpete

Quote from: Chilly on March 01, 2012, 07:46:19 PM
1- S600 external batteries
2-P41 with external batteries -- both modified for IR with new glass
all material from whitetailsupply.com

I haven't ordered much from Whitetail Supply. I tried their board and wasn't inpressed with it. I've heard(read) lots of complaints about very slow delivery and poor customer service from WTS. Don't know if it has gotten better lately or not. I know the things I ordered took 2-3 weeks to arrive and the stuff I've ordered elsewhere is usually here within 3-4 days of ordering.