OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Original bottomland & original greenleaf

Started by offshore, February 18, 2012, 05:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I hate turkeys

"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

offshore

Thanks for the help so far, still looking......

sippy cup

i just got a 1187 in lynchburg VA  old school
beware of longdale legend

gobbler74

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 19, 2012, 12:46:35 AM
Quote from: Trax on February 18, 2012, 07:35:51 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 18, 2012, 05:22:49 PM
Quote from: 01Foreman400 on February 18, 2012, 05:19:42 PM
Your best bet may to just buy a used and have it sent off and camoed what ever color you want.
He's looking for the old school Remingtons from the mid-90's.  I'm looking for them also.  None of the gun dippers carry those old camo patterns.

These guys carry the original MO Bottomland.

http://www.camo-solutions.com/camo-patterns/
That's not the original Bottomland they have pictured.   It's the new Bottomland.

Yep..new pattern. Trebark was first dipped in 92 then old bottomland and greenleaf from Mossy oak in that order. Mossy oak bought out Crumley 10 years ago. His words were basically you can struggle to compete with the big dawgs or join the team and sit back and draw checks. He said he was preparing for retirement soon and momma didnt raise no fool anyway.

I just bought an old bottomland patterned 11-87 with 21" barrel like new in box with original sling. guy didnt know what he had.  ;)       
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

sippy cup

Well the treebark was after bottomland and the greenleaf 1187 remington shotgun was first made in 87 then came bottomland in around 91 greenleaf  came  in 93 ;D
beware of longdale legend

Philippe

I'd love to dip my 20 ga 870 in that greenleaf.

jperrotti

Not a 12 gauge but it is dressed in Original Bottomland.

Remington 870 SPS-T Super Mag .660 JH Nitro 2-1/4 oz. Straight 7's Burris FastFire II

southernfly

Theres one on the used rack at Van's in MS. Dont remember if it was an 870 or an 1187. Pattern was bottomland though and it was the shiny old school finish. Saw it yesterday 601-825-9087

gobbler74

If you guys want to know the dates of the camo releases just Google remington 870 and 1187 archives. There are several links some not part of remington. You will read about guns most never knew were even released. I do know that several of the older patterns show up undocumented. Records on the camo gun releases are hazy. I've got my first 1187 bought in 87 and its walnut stock and parkerized.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

SKFOOTER

Quote from: southernfly on February 22, 2012, 04:28:34 PM
Theres one on the used rack at Van's in MS. Dont remember if it was an 870 or an 1187. Pattern was bottomland though and it was the shiny old school finish. Saw it yesterday 601-825-9087
Just talked to 'em.  Its already gone. :(

gobbler74

The first Original Bottomland pattern was released dipped in 1992 according to the Rem catalog I just looked in. That helps with the timeline. I didnt know bottomland was early as 1992. The 870 sold for $425 even then. I read an article on Crumley I am trying to dig up that said trebark was released the same year. I also have the 1987 Remington catolog with all the original 1187 models. Keeping that old info comes in handy.   I remember my 1187 sportsman special purpose with a 26" barrel was $550 from a local store. That was a lot of hay bailing and fence painting that year. My grandad paid the last $50 to get it out of layaway. It came with a woodland camo sling. I still have it all with the box. Thats one gun I will never part with.   

nomad 32

Looking for an original mossy oak bottomland 1187 if anyone knows where to find one.

nomad 32

Quote from: gobbler74 on February 22, 2012, 02:20:30 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 19, 2012, 12:46:35 AM
Quote from: Trax on February 18, 2012, 07:35:51 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 18, 2012, 05:22:49 PM
Quote from: 01Foreman400 on February 18, 2012, 05:19:42 PM
Your best bet may to just buy a used and have it sent off and camoed what ever color you want.
He's looking for the old school Remingtons from the mid-90's.  I'm looking for them also.  None of the gun dippers carry those old camo patterns.

These guys carry the original MO Bottomland.

http://www.camo-solutions.com/camo-patterns/
That's not the original Bottomland they have pictured.   It's the new Bottomland.

Yep..new pattern. Trebark was first dipped in 92 then old bottomland and greenleaf from Mossy oak in that order. Mossy oak bought out Crumley 10 years ago. His words were basically you can struggle to compete with the big dawgs or join the team and sit back and draw checks. He said he was preparing for retirement soon and momma didnt raise no fool anyway.

I just bought an old bottomland patterned 11-87 with 21" barrel like new in box with original sling. guy didnt know what he had.  ;)     

Please help me find one!

turkey buster

I got an AR-15 or a right nut I'd give for a green leaf 11-87  :TooFunny:

Bolandstrutters

Quote from: turkey buster on March 15, 2017, 05:38:44 PM
I got an AR-15 or a right nut I'd give for a green leaf 11-87  :TooFunny:

You'd think with the popularity surge of the old school turkey patterns that Remington or Mossberg would jump on board.