turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fiber optic rifle sights

Started by jblackburn, February 10, 2012, 08:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

I'm looking to put rifle sights on my 870.  I have looked at Williams sights and they look good.  What other rifle sights are you all using?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

paboxcall

JB -

I shoot a Winchester 1300 that sports a 21" ribless barrel with factory installed rifle sights.  I broke the the fiber tube in the rear sight last year, and I had them front and rear replaced with a set of Williams.  I really like them, fully adjustable and really bright in the morning.

John
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

offshore

i think the fire sights are the brightest ones around, im a believer

WildSpur

I really like the Williams that I have.  They replaced the truglos that were on it before.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

jblackburn

I'm looking at the williams website right now, which one do you all have?  A model specific set or the universal slugger?  My 870 is an Express that does not have a sight base.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

wmd

The universal slugger set is what I have on my Stoeger.

GobblinNC

J-Shaped

Have had a couple of sets of the universal sluggers in the past and they are both bright and durable. Compared to the one set of Tru Glos I had in the past, I'd pick the Williams again if going the fiber optic route.

Hooks' n' Beards'

FttFttVroom!

Truglo Gobble dots, the kind that just adhere to the vent rib.  Luckily, my loads shoot very close to POA