OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Point of Impact Change From Last year.....

Started by gtg265s, February 09, 2012, 08:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtg265s

Rem 11-87 Compact 21in with Federal HW #7s.

Last year I shot a factory Rem SF at 40yds and the pattern was about 3in high, but dead nuts on windage.  I was getting mid 140s.

Decided to buy an Indian Creek 0.555 to see what it would do.  (My Browning A-5 and Moss 835 loves ICs and Nitros.)

Mixed results today (68deg, low hum, no wind, cleaned barrel), first shot low 7in and left 2in 172 count, second shot same POI but 132.

Put the Rem SF back in and same low/left POI, 137. 

Put the IC back in and tried Hevi-13 #6, level/2in left POI, didn't count, but really surprised at how even and tight the pattern was...     

Weather last year was same as today (or pretty darn close).  Only two variables I can think of:

1)  The FEDs I shot today are brand new from Midway, so they are a different batch then the ones I shot last year (assuming).

2)  The gun was brand new last year when I shot it, but since then I've ran a case of Hi Brass #9s down the pipe.

Gonna do a good cleaning again, put some adjustable sights on and run some shots again tomorrow.  I'll shoot out of a lead sled tomorrow to take me out of the equation.

Anybody got any thoughts on what might be going on?