OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need help, What is the best Turkey Vest on the market !!!!!

Started by yukonhunter, February 02, 2012, 01:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummi Bear

I have a Red Head, but it appears they don't make it anymore.  This will be my 3rd season with it, it's been really fantastic.

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-for-Her-Camo-Turkey-Vests-for-Ladies/product/10210730/40858

Looks a bit like this ladies vest; with a comfy chair, decoy bag, lots of pockets, plus it facilitates a hydration bladder. 

It works great for me, I can spend the day in the field on foot, and not need anything else.  Shove some snacks in the pockets with my calls, and off I go. 

Curtdawg88

I just ordered and recieved my first SE III.  Found it on wing supply for $39.  Obviously I have not hunted with it yet, but it seems like I will like it.  Prior to this season I have been using a Primos Strap Vest.  Hated it.  Some of the snaps ripped out the first season and I don't think I will ever go back to a strap vest again unless the straps have some serious padding.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

ronntn

Quote from: h2obil on February 04, 2012, 05:13:59 PM
I have  a red head buck lick creek vest--it has a built in  seat  which helps me with my back giving me something to lean on while sitting .

same here. love mine

TrackeySauresRex

I have a Cabellas Tactical 1st model. I like it,I think it's 3 seasons old. Before that was an H.S. I wore that one for a while. It's all about the comfort, and of course the cushion for your bottom.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

BIGBOB

I just  purchased a ol tom i beam vest at the nwtf convention. I like it because it will hold more than one box  call , is light weight and provides back support when leaning against a tree.I get hot turkey hunting in hot weather and that is why i chose a strap type vest like the ol tom.Only time will tell but  i think i am going to like it alot.

WVhuntEER

I just got the new tactical tatr more vest with a kickstand. 

TennLongspur

That is a very personal decision. It depends on what you are looking for in a vest. Mobility? The ability to carry lots of gear? How many pokets do you want? A couple big pockets, or several smaller compartments?

I'd suggest going to bass pro, Cabella or one of the similar type stores (I'm not endorsing any particular retailer) and check them out and try them on  with those things in mind. I have an Ol' Tom that I really like. It is a full vest and here in the South it gets HOT, and I wish it were a little lighter weight with straps, but pay attention to the pockets, how it is laid out and easy you can organize your gear and access it easily, etc.

Good luck.
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

lock1nout

+1 for the Ol' Tom I-Beam. Lightweight and well thought out, has a great seat and dries quick.

Chris Downs

I love my SEIII, but my next vest will be the Limbhanger.  Awesome layout for the calls/gear and a really nice and thick seat/pad.  Just wish they offered it in bottomland camo.

longbeardlife.com

super elite 3 for me.  its watched alot of birds get a dirt nap...

zeus26

jblackburn

I recently got a Limbhanger vest and will put it through a test this spring.  It seems like a good one.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.