OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

trip to bow shop

Started by clarksvalley, February 20, 2011, 08:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarksvalley

been itching for a new bow,so yesterday a buddy and I went to shoot some new bows.been shooting a ross cr737 for a few years now,by no means i`m i a speed freak but looking for something with alittle more zip.the bows i was interested in were the hoyt maxxus 35,hoyt crx35,and the elite pure.and the elite pure was the best of them all hands down.smooth draw,solid back wall,quiet and  very little hand shock for a bare bow and for a 28.5 draw length with a 60lbs. bow bottomed out to about 63lbs. with a 400 grain arrow you should be shooting in the 280`s.elite has the only 100% transferable warrenty that i know of which is a nice feature.if you sell the bow to someone else the warranty transfers over to the new person.so now i have to decide if i want to drop that much money or wait.i`m hoping to draw a non resident iowa bow tag this year so it would be nice to have a new bow,thats more money on top of out of state tags which iowa is high and travel expense.does any one have any experience with elite bows.

spurz

Very nice bows, I haven't shot any of the 2011's, if I was going to get a new bow the Pure would probally be at the top of my list to try.Check out ArcheryTalk you will find a lot of info about it, also Elite has their own forum as well.
Good Luck!

keyser12ga

I was torn between the Elite GT500 and the Switchback I ended up buying.  The Elite was the smoothest drawing bow I've held but I bought the Switchback due to reputation and cheaper price.    I went looking for the Pure last week to try and no one locally had one.  From the reviews I've read, they seem to be one of the smoothest Elites yet.  The Pure is the one bow on my list that I really want to try this year.   Can't go wrong with a lifetime transferable warranty either.

hookedspur

Take a lot a money with ya !!  :wave:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

keyser12ga

There is a guy on archerytalk selling a bare Pure for $700 right now.

clarksvalley

thanks for the reply,it was one of the smoothest drawing bow i ever shot.don`t shoot one its all i been thinking about since saturday.700 bucks is a good price for an elite.can`t go wrong with the mathews,i shot a mq1 for years and really liked that bow,one thing with the mathews bows is there usually isn`t a problem selling them.

keyser12ga

Same here, I've wanted that Elite ever since I bought my Mathews, but I know I have a good bow, so until I'm more proficient, I'm trying to be satisfied, ha.