turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional Sunday 2/20/2011 "God's workmanship"

Started by BOFF, February 20, 2011, 01:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

In covering for Pappy today, I want to go back to his devotional last Sunday, "In His Image".  In reading the devotional last week I was reminded of a verse from Ephesians, which parallels the Creator God, and the "craftsman" as Jack discussed in his writing.

Ephesians 2:10
10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I read this verse and am reminded we are not our own, but God's creations!!!  He crafted each one of us individually, separately, and uniquely. There is not a single pair of us completely the same, but we all are formed in His image. God had a plan for you, me, and all the people we see on this planet. He created each of us to to do good works.

What special talents have you been given? Are you using them to glorify God, your Creator, or are you selfishly using them, and keeping them to yourself?  God knew ahead of time the plans for the future, and he created each one of us to glorify Him, not ourselves .  Have you asked him lately what your supposed to do, or not do? I challenge you to seek His will for you, and your life, and ask Him how to use your talents and strengths.  I can guarantee you will have a fulfilled life, if you are doing the works God planned for you.

Father God, I thank you for the opportunity to study your Word, and seek your face. May your healing touch uplift my brothers and sisters who are hurting physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Guide us in our lives, in using our talents and abilities to do the works you have prepared for us to do. Give us wisdom and  knowledge through the Holy Spirit to deal with the daily affairs we face. May we remember it is not through our works we are saved, but through your loving grace. To you we give the glory and honor. For it is in Jesus precious and Holy name we pray, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.    

jv

Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

pappy

David, Very good devotional, well put and it was good to see you adding to my last post, as we are who we are because He made us who we are....His craftsmanship, being unique to each individual, should be seen as His Ultimate authority over His creation and we should not let it go to waste.

I also wanted to say thank you to all who prayed for us, and for those who requested prayer for us, we are home now, and feeling rather wore down. Our back is still out, but at least the fingers are working......my mother inlaw's surgery was a huge success...no surprise....her spirit is high and her tenacity is stronger then ever. We head back to St. Louis this Friday for follow up and then starting radiation arounf March 14th or so.

David, I want you to know I greatly appreciate you stepping up to the plate for me. God's Best to you and yours, Jack
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

RBC

John Y

I am blessed to have found this forum and blessed to receive such a special devotionals as this.  I thank God for you and this message.

turkey slayer