OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Loading componets and loading data  (Read 4080 times)

Offline bgbuck153

Loading componets and loading data
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:29:39 PM »
Im in the process of getting a 12 tc encore 24" muzzleloading 209x12 shotgun and need to know where to get all the componets ? Powder type , wads , shot  and anything that Im not thinking of ? Im a big non toxic shot fan size 6 or 7 . Thanks !

Offline mnbirdbuster

Re: Loading componets and loading data
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:24:56 PM »
Its actually a pretty elementary system with alot of variables! Generally Pyrodex RS, Goex or Triple7 in ffg granulation will work! Triple7 has been deemed by some shooters to be too hot for muzzleloading shotguns, but in my personal experience with my Knight TK2000 ive had no problem! There are two ways to load your muzzleloading shotgun...first is the modern way utilizing a wad and an overshot card! In your case with  the screw in choke your gun has you will have to remove the choke to load, and then screw it back in to fire! It gets to be a tedious process, not to mention the hassel of cleaning the plastic fouling out of the choke tube and barrel >:( Second is the traditional way, it involves an over powder card, fiber cushion or felt wad, and a overshot card! Its a little more involved loading procedure, but the cushion wad can be lubed to reduce fouling dramatically! The wads/cards involved in this way of loading can also be loaded through chokes "Generally"! Something you may want to look into as well!!!! Its the system i use in my knight, i tried the modern way of doing it but had a hunch that the wad was starving the "Jug" choke my gun has! As soon as i switched to the traditional way of loading my patterns improved alot! To complicate things more is buffering... i use it it my gun and the patterns also got better! All of these products including shot can be purchased from Ballistic Products :boon:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:27:56 PM by mnbirdbuster »

Offline bgbuck153

Re: Loading componets and loading data
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:55:59 PM »
Thanks !