OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wrong Forum.....Couldn't Resist

Started by st8tman, January 23, 2012, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

st8tman

I realize this is probably the wrong area to be posting this, but I figured it would interest some of the Virginia/West Virginia members. This coming weekend is an outdoor show in Roanoke Va at the Civic Center. I believe they are calling it Hunt Fest...and will have a couple of celebrity hunters there (Michael Waddell. Randy Oinker) Anyway I got a call from a buddy of mine Harold McGuire from Christiansburg, Harold is a taxidermist and will have a booth set up at the show.
The only reason I mention this is for those who appreciate quality Turkey Taxidermy....Harold's work is unbelievable! While I can't say I'v seen it all, after traveling to various outdoor shows throughout the country over the years and seeing many examples of turkey taxidermy....Harold McGuire's birds are second to none!! He has his own freeze-drying machine so that allows him to do his own heads, and the results are truly amazing. I had a chance to ask him one time, with Whitetails being the number 1 animal in these parts why he had excelled so much with the turkey. Quite frankly he explained to me he had a bird done years ago before he got in the business, and the results were so bad he gave it away! After that he explained he told himself if he ever chased his dream into taxidermy...he would "Hang his Hat on the Wild Turkey!" To top it off his prices are actually below most others who are producing inferior results. I also asked him about that once and he eplained by doing his own heads he saved quite abit of money, and rather than gouge his fellow hunters he merely passed the savings on to them! Can't beat those ideals. Anyhow, sorry for the long post, but just figured with the Winter Blahs upon us, some of you guys around this area would enjoy seeing his work! Here is the link to the show.....http://huntfestva.com/