OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2012 Spring Hunt

Started by maineguide, January 21, 2012, 03:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maineguide

How many on here will be hunting turkeys this spring with a bow? And what broad heads will you be useing?

drenalinld

Houndstooth Game Calls

I haven't killed a bird with a bow but if I was gonna use a broad head to shoot x2 on tha rage 2 blade!! :icon_thumright:

buck_hunter21

I've killed a handful of gobblers with my bow, including my Indiana tom from last year. But there something about looking down a barrel when a gobbler is closing the distance. I'm going gun only this year.
Spill Blood

GSLAM95

I can't wait to get after them this spring, as for broad heads I have had my best success with Gobbler Guillotines in the 125 grain 4"x4" version for head & neck shots and NAP just introduced my new favorite last spring the F.O.C. which I have already taken 2 birds with.

The F.O.C. has the spitfire Gobbler Getter round point which makes a devastating entry hole due to the way it pushes the skin/feathers in a tight wad before the blades start to cut.
F.O.C. stands for -Freaking Outrageous Cut - because it is a 3" cut 2 blade head.  It weighs 170 grains but at 20 yards and under it has the same point of impact as my125 Guillotines and 3 blade  version of the Gobbler Getter so don't let the weight scare you.  The flight characteristics you receive by having that much weight on the front end of your arrow and the penetration goes without saying anything further.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

timbrhuntr

I've only shot 3 all with 100g NAP thunderheads.2 dropped in their tracks and one went about 60yds.

redrivergar

I've only shot 2 but both were with 100 grain 2 blade rage and I watched them die. I will be after them again this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbe2#

I will.  Rage 2 blades for me too

bonemonger

i am going to try and take my second bird in Ohio with my bow. 60 lb. elite answer with the new expandable head from nap.

J Hook

Good Lord willing,I will be, with my Magnus Snuffers,and Double Bull.

ohiomossyoak

1st year turkey hunter here,and most likely heading out solo most of time..So if i do end up trying it with my bow..It will be from a blind with one of the 2 below..Most likely
the mech

"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

spurz

ryersonhill

Rage behind my Compound and Bear Razorheads with my Recurve
Owner-Paramadness Bow Slings
Bowslings-Survival Bracelets-Binocular Slings
Custom Braiding Available-Online Store Available
Pending Maine State Record Eastern Turkey - Archery