News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bow hanger/stand for ground blind hunting

Started by MOStrutter, January 18, 2012, 11:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornfedkiller

Quote from: Hootowl on April 04, 2012, 04:05:04 PM
This will be My 1st year useing the Bow, and I hunt out of a Blind as well, Hub style, and I have come up with a Hook type to hang my Bow, I just need to find a Better seat? Something That maybe would fold up and fit into my Pack that carries the Blind? Anyone have a Idea.

Hoot

Im a big fan of the double bull magnum stools.  They are a little heavier than the cheap chairs, but they are built solid and pretty comfy.

Dan Mallia

MOStrutter

Thank you to everyone who gave me ideas and their input on the best way to keep your bow ready to shoot inside a ground blind and yet out of the way.  I kind of blended some ideas together and took a new spin on it as well.  I wanted it to be cheap, effective, and be able to do everything in the dark. This is really simple and it is totally adjustable to your own preference and you can close and open your blind without untying the string.  I used a cheap, large twist tie kind of thing I found on sale in the automotive department at Walmart, to make the bow hook out of and this works great to hold the weight of the bow.  The bow in the picture is a 35" and I have it set to where the grip is hand level and the bow does not touch the ground.  The string is thin but tough and I got it in the WalMart boat section. Again very cheap and very easy was the plan.  When done I just undo the twist tie and put it in the side pocket inside the blind and you can also keep extra line in there for just in case scenarios.  I am doing this to all of my blinds.  Good luck this fall.

MarkJM

Quote from: Cooter on April 01, 2012, 10:59:34 PM
I have the pole mountain one. Can't get the one tight enough to keep it from wanting to fold under causing the bow to fall over. Setting on a shelf collecting dust.

So I went to a tactulizer stabilizer and a foldIng bipod. Don't mind the light just put it on there for the pic. The carry handle is nice though.

that RIS is AWESOME! did you custom mount it on or do they make them specifically for bows? send me a PM please!
MuellerCustomCalls

KS-Hoyt-Hunter

Bass Pro has these hooks that will go over the top of the poles inside. And then has a hook on the bottom that you can hang your cam on. They're simple and work great. I'll put two up in a blind. 1 for my bow and 1 for my quiver. Not sure what they are called tho. It's like $7 for 2 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KS-Hoyt-Hunter

Plus you can put em in your bag of packet and they take up no space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk