OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: T/C Renegade Set Triggers  (Read 3951 times)

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
T/C Renegade Set Triggers
« on: January 14, 2012, 07:12:57 AM »
Anyone else having a problem with their set triggers on this old style percussion rifle?  When I set the rear set trigger and then touch the front trigger to fire the hammer only goes to half cock.  I have the original manual and have tried all the listed adjustments.  Thanks.

Offline mnbirdbuster

Re: T/C Renegade Set Triggers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »
take it off the firearm, degrease, oil and make sure all the screws and such are tight! I have a T/C Renegade and have had the issue! Did what i recommended and it went away for me!

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »
Thanks mnbirdbuster. I posted this on several forums.  A guy told me where to look.  Just in case it ever happens to you again look for a little part called a "fly" to have worked loose under the "brindle".  I was lucky to have saved my original manual with the parts list for the lock assembly.  Put it back in place, lubed and tightened everything.  Works like new. :z-guntootsmiley:  Anyone with an old Renegade or Hawken that needs the parts list let me know.  I can scan it and e mail it to you.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:11:18 PM by joey46 »

Offline Devastator

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:17:01 AM »
thanks,going to clean my 58 cal today and put it awy for another year.haven't had a prob yet with the set trigger.

Offline jerseyjimk

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »
Yup,clen the gun,another thing you could check is the screw that holds the trigger assembly to the stock might be too tight