OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional SaturdayFebruary 19, 2011

Started by mmims, February 18, 2011, 06:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

Rest For Your Soul

Every morning I get up. Sometimes I have a plan for my day. Sometimes I've nothing scheduled. It is the days I have nothing planned that I often find God prompting me to do specific things. I wonder if that is because I am more open to His voice; I have no preconceived ideas. I don't get annoyed when my schedule is interrupted, or circumstances cause me to change a course of action. Instead, I'm relaxed and resting in His Spirit. My days go so much better on those days. And for some reason I seem to get far more accomplished.
"Thus says the Lord, Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the eternal paths, where the good, old way is; then walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls." Jeremiah 6:16b

What is "the good, old way"? Could it be the commandments of the Lord? What does the Lord require of us, exactly? "To fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, and to serve the Lord your God with all your mind, heart and with your entire being."
I think if we follow that directive, our lives will fill with joy, love and contentment. I think our conscience would be clear and we'd have no guilt; the accuser could not penetrate the peace of God in our hearts. And as we walked in all His ways, our souls would be in constant rest. Yet, in our own power, we know we cannot be perfect in all His ways. We need Jesus. And Jesus is our peace. We can stand in the righteousness He has given us, then walk on in rest.
Stand.  Look.  Ask.  Walk.  Then rest.  Not such a hard thing when you look at it His way.

Bro. Mike

BOFF

Nicely done Mike!!

Thanks for the Word.

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer