OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fletching Color

Started by Crappiepro, January 09, 2012, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

What color do you guys use to turkey hunt with? How do you get by with out being seen having brite color fletching colors?
I will be bow hunting in the fall from a blind next year, is this gonna be a concern?

gobble157

If he sees your flethchings then he's way too close :)

I'd go with green and black
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

VAHUNTER

i have always used green and white.
the fletching would not even be a concern to me. you will be fine with whatever color you use
Good things come to those who wait

drenalinld

I use white on a white crest to help me see where I hit. I have killed five at less than 10 yards and it was not an issue. I was in a blind.

fallhnt

I use yellow and white.You can see the yellow against the wings after the shot.I have shot birds outside the blind with a bow too.Use a color you can see well.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

boomer

I use orange and white fletching.

gobbler777

Color should not be of concern to you. They see movement quicker than color.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

captpete

If you are hunting from a blind color isn't going to matter. Like mentioned above movement will get busted quicker. Might want to consider using a lighted nock if you are concerned about not seeing your shot placement on the bird. Depending on which one you use, it will add about 10 -12gr. to your setup. I switched to them last fall and couldn't see any difference in arrow flight out to 40yd....that's as far I shot. POI was the same also.

Hootowl

I like all white Vanes, and I put a Black dot on the cock Vane. This will be my first year taking the bow to the Turkey woods, I was wondering would my Muzzy 100g fixed blades work. I really didn't want to buy new Heads.

Also was woundering if any of you use lighted Nocks.

Hoot

eaglea1

Ditto on fletching color, I usually hunt from a blind, and use all black camo as well.

MOStrutter

Quote from: Hootowl on April 04, 2012, 03:57:08 PM
I like all white Vanes, and I put a Black dot on the cock Vane. This will be my first year taking the bow to the Turkey woods, I was wondering would my Muzzy 100g fixed blades work. I really didn't want to buy new Heads.

Also was woundering if any of you use lighted Nocks.

Your muzzy's will be fine I'm sure.  It's just like anything else, put the broadhead where it should go and you will kill it.  I don't use lighted nocks because I hate to had anymore weight to the back end of my arrow and also Pope and Young does not recognize archery kills if you use a luminated nock. 

beagler

I prefer dark fletching for hunting birds. I've even sprat painted some of my crossbow bolts.
Never Misses