turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Added another 10 to the stable

Started by ken613, January 09, 2012, 06:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ken613

Came home with an American Arms 10 ga. Turkey Special.  Would like to hear from anyone who has one or has experience with one regarding loads and chokes (which I understand are hard to find for it).
thanks
Ken

ElkTurkMan

ken613

Hawken,  it'll be a few days.  I'm out of town for work until the end of the week.  I've seen several pictures of them floating around the various websites...I'll see if I can put one of those up until I get home.
Ken

ken613

Hawken,
Here's a photo of one that was for sale on Auction Arms.  Mine looks exactly like that one.

ElkTurkMan

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Eric Gregg

DUCKDIGGLER

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

ken613

Assuming I can get a good load worked out and there is no problem with barrel convergence, I couldn't be happier with it.
Its got enough weight that it should be a sweetheart to shoot (my other 10 is an H&R with 24 in bbl).
If anyone's got any ideas about loads to start trying let me know.
Thanks
Ken

gobbler74

Do you reload? Prefer a certain type of shell? Or just looking for a good one? I'd suggest shoot hevi in some form to help keep your patterns from spreading as much and filling the bird up with shot. Just thinking with the short barrels  going to open up quick past 20 yards. I wouldn't be afraid to hunt with some lead though as far as getting the job done. That thing is going to be like a stampede on a unsuspecting turkey head.  Good luck!  :icon_thumright:

Edited....read where you mentioned choke tubes..Nice!
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Old Gobbler

That would be my dream 10 ga rig , open choke , and a tight in the other
- is it single selective - or double trigger ?

I wonder if the barrel is a fab-arms choke thread ?

-Shannon

MAGGUNS

ken613

Here's pics I took tonight.

Here it is compared to my AYA 16 ga.

Old Gobbler

-Shannon